December 21, 2016
I hope that you have a safe and restful winter break. School resumes on Tuesday, January 3rd.
- This Thursday, our entire school will be at the Museum of Science on a field trip. This is a special, shared, experience for all students and staff. Thank you to the parent chaperones that are able to help us. We will leave our school at 8:30AM and return at around 2:30PM. While at the museum, students will watch “National Parks Adventure IMAX” in the Mugar Omni Theater. This field trip is fully funded by the state’s Expanded Learning Time grant.
- Superintendent Salim enjoyed his visit to our school last week. Thank you to Friends of King for sponsoring the morning “Meet and Greet”.
- Please welcome our new school nurse, Ms. Dominique Jean. Thank you to Nurse Ife Rollins for her commitment and care to our school.
- Thank you to Ms. Hicks-Gyewu and Ms. Hill for helping with last Tuesday’s Chinese Immersion Open House for prospective families. Special thank you to our current parents for sharing their experiences: Mr. Bartholomew, Mr. Patwari, Ms. Noblett, and Ms. Buie.
- As we look ahead to January, please make sure that students have warm clothing for our recesses. If you need help securing cold weather clothes, please contact Ms. Hicks-Gyewu at 617.349.6454. If you are missing any clothing, please see our new lost and found section in King Street by the Magee Street entrance (thank you Friends of King).
- In January, we will use a new computer check-in for late students and guests. There is a learning curve in using this software, but we are excited about the features of this new system.
- Please save the date: Friday, January 20th is our MLK Assembly. Families and guest are welcome to attend. More details will be shared after the break.
We hope you can join us tonight, December 21st, for the 2nd annual Light up the Night Winter Solstice Lantern Parade (6-8PM). We will meet in the cafeteria to make lanterns, enjoy treats, and take a festive parade through our neighborhood. This event helps connect families in our community with other and captures the festive holiday spirit.